Sep 10, 2015

Gint-a-Cuffs VII: Packs 9-12: Halftime

I realize you read the title and probably thought that I would provide a halftime show.  I did contract out a marching band followed by a Beatles cover band, but then I realized that blogs don't have microphones.  I also only have enough instruments at home for a 3 person marching band, and that wouldn't be any fun to watch.  So, instead we get some commentary from "The Other World's Talking Heads" as recorded at the conclusion of this pack opening.

Talking Head 1 (TH1):  After 12 packs of intense opening, sorting, and point checking, Dan is coming up short in many facets of the game.

Talking Head (TH2): I agree with you, TH1, he is clearly struggling, especially in the mini card area.  The points are just not there to be had.

TH1:  Also, where are these so-called hits that he keeps on promising the viewers.  The only hits I see are to his chances as he falls further down the scoreboard. Am I right or am I right?

TH2: You are right, and even moreso, you are right.  What can Dan do to turn this thing around?

TH1:  Well, I see only one recourse.  He must be more accepting of his fate.

I think I should fire these guys........

Pack 9

172-M.Carpenter
317-Strickland
Mini First Ladies 8 Letitia Tyler +2
Starting Points 94 Jose Reyes +2
45-C.Owings
147-Cespedes
144-Belt +2 FP
159-Mesoraco

Letitia Tyler was one of three first ladies to pass away while her husband was President.......

Pack Total: 6

Pack 10

175-LeMahieu
320-Keuchel
Mini 234 Cuddyer
Starting Points 65 Franco +1 FT +2
44-Vulcano
297-Magna Carta +1
240-May
27-Franco +1 FT

Two Franco cards in one pack made me feel like the world is my oyster and Gint-a-Cuffs is my gummy bear....whatever that means.
Pack Total: 5

Pack 11

234-Cuddyer
231-Alvarez
Mini 125-Aoki
Great Scott 1 X-Ray Diffraction +2
Relic Zach Lowe +6
326-Moreland
99-Y.Gomes

That is not at all what X-ray diffraction looks like from what I've experienced.....

Pack Total: 8

Pack 12

220-Grandal
9-Samardzija
13-Uehara
48-Crisp
Starting Points 21 Chapman +2
Mythological Menaces 6 Wisakedjak +2
87-Liriano
136-T.Ross

I was first introduced to Wisakedjak as Whiskey Jack in one of my favorite books ever, American Gods by Neil Gaiman.....
Pack Total: 4

Total Total: 66

Do I get to offer up my gauntlet in submission yet?







No comments: