May 16, 2009

Fantasy Trade Notice 2: Comments Needed

Remember, in the previous edition, when I traded away the unbelievably good Zack Greinke for Ian Kinsler. "Like a fool!" the peasants chortle.

I think I recouped my investment and improved my team with this trade. Observe.

I picked Kevin Millwood and Geovany Soto off waivers during the season.
NOTE to EVERYONE: Do not drop all-star catchers in April, consider benching them or trading them.

I then parlayed these two(to a team that just had their only catcher, Jorge Posada, placed on the DL) into...Jake Peavy, the new ace of my staff. I think I did really well in this trade. Compared to the previous trade, there is no question of whether I gave up somebody too quickly or not at the right time.

Millwood and Soto were on my bench and not contributing anything. Depth is nice, but a bonafide ace is nicer.

Which combination would you rather have?

A. Greinke, Millwood, Soto
B. Peavy, Kinsler

Please leave your comments.

No comments: