Sep 11, 2009

Climbing Out of the Time-Sucking Abyss

That would be fantasy football. I had three drafts this week, and seeing as how I am an A-grade procrastinator, I did nothing all week during my free time except project performance and predict playing time for every single NFL player that could possibly be drafted. The leagues I'm in are large (12 teams or greater) with usually large rosters, making drafting backups not out of the ordinary. For those who like to debate the merits of these type of things, I'll list out the skeletons of the rosters for comment. I'm no expert prognosticator, but I think my teams have potential.

League 1 (12 teams: lineup: QB, RB, WR, RB/WR, RB/WR, TE, K, DEF, yardage league)

QBs: Eli Manning, Shaun Hill
RBs: Chris Johnson, Ladanian Tomlinson, Kevin Smith, Lendale White, Lesean McCoy
WRs: Wes Welker, Brandon Marshall, Eddie Royal, Steve Breaston
TE: Visanthe Shiancoe
K: Shayne Graham
DEF: Panthers

League 2 (14 teams: lineup: QB, RB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, RB/WR, TE, K, DEF, yardage league)
QBs: Donovan McNabb, Matt Cassel
RBs: Maurice Jones-Drew, Ahmad Bradshaw, Donald Brown, Tim Hightower, Mike Bell, Earnast Graham
WRs: Greg Jennings, Marques Colston, TJ Houshmandzadeh, Kevin Curtis, some other guy
TE: Visanthe Shiancoe
K: Jeff Reed
DEF: Packers

League 3 (14 teams: lineup: QB, RB, WR, RB/WR, RB/WR, K, DEF, practially TD-only league, only high yardage bonuses)
QBS: Tony Romo, Jake Delhomme
RBs: Reggie Bush, Jonathan Stewart, Tim Hightower, Willis McGahee
WRs: Randy Moss, Steve Smith, Anthony Gonzalez, Patrick Crayton
K: Steve Gostkowski
DEF: somebody or other

And this is what I've been doing this week. I'll get back to cards and Phillies next.

No comments: