Jul 13, 2012
Card Spotlight: 1956 Topps Del Ennis
1. because he's on an awesome and artistic 1956 Topps card.
2. because he knows exactly how many home runs to hit in 1956 to pass Chuck Klein for 1st on the Phillies all-time home run list.
3. because he started an all-star game in 1955 for the 2nd time in his career (though Stan Musial pinch hit for him after only 1 at-bat)
4. because Andy Seminick came back to the Phillies.
5. because there's no better feeling in the world than jumping in the air to catch a fly ball.
Have a great weekend!