Mar 31, 2009

Fantasy Baseball Draft Results

I completed my first draft tonight (postponed from Sunday). It's a head to head standard 5x5 league...with 14 teams. This definitely made for a rapid-fire draft where many names were crossed off my list between my duo of picks. I had the 13th pick in the odd rounds and 2nd pick in even rounds. There were 24 rounds in total. Here's my team. I think I followed my strategies, but didn't necessarily pick the right players. Potential and talent may outweigh actual fantasy contributions; we will see. The thrill of the opening of baseball season is nigh. Feel free to comment on the roster or let me know if you want to see more of the draft flow.

C-Jarrad Saltalamacchia
1B-Chris Davis
2B-Chase Utley
SS-Alexei Ramirez
3B-Alex Gordon
OF-Carlos Beltran
OF-Jacoby Ellsbury
OF-Justin Upton
OF-Travis Snider
Util-Stephen Drew
Util-Jim Thome
BN-Fred Lewis
BN-Chris Dickerson
BN-Elvis Andrus
BN-Skip Schumaker

SP-James Shields
SP-Jon Lester
RP-Mike Gonzalez
RP-Jason Motte
P-Scott Baker
P-John Danks
BN-Manny Parra
BN-Carlos Villanueva
BN-Mark Buehrle

2 comments:

Brad's Blog said...

should've taken travis hafner

Dan said...

Sorry Brad, he went in the 14th round. You've taken him every single year, haven't you?