Oct 21, 2009

The Night Rush: NLCS Game 5



One moment captured in the mind's eye.
One performance to overshadow all others.
One effort to get lost in time.

It is Cole Hamels's turn to enter the spotlight on this night. For on this night, in front of a roaring and passionate home crowd, is the night to make his mark upon the series and the playoffs writ large. For on this night, the lights will shine with an intensity only to be matched by the senses tumbling over another to embrace this spotlight. For on this night, the team of resilience will attempt to overcome the final blue obstacle.

After game 4 ended, Jimmy Rollins's line drive splitting the outfield and rolling for infinity to the fence, I was ecstatic. I actually screamed aloud with excitement, I could barely eat dinner, I could barely get to sleep. It is unbelievable how much one split-second for a team you root for can do to uplift the spirits. I was so excited I couldn't even sit down to write anything about it.

Game 5 will be a fierce competition, Cole Hamels. Be focused and flexible and agile. Recall last year, but most of all, be this year and this night. Let the changeups drop and the fastballs pop into their intended targets. Give yourself, your team, and your fans a night to remember.

Go Phils!

1 comment:

Jim said...

I've been in a constant state of anxiety since the Postseason began, and I'm loving every minute of it.

Go Phils!